Happy, happy Monday everyone!! I hope you all had a super weekend! I did! Do you ever feel like the weekend is not long enough? My to do list is always three times longer than what can actually be accomplished in 48 short hours! HAHA! Does it stop me from making massive lists? Not at all! And for some reason, I am always shocked I did not get it all done! Someday I will learn I suppose…… As for now I will just keep taking great joy in marking off the things I do get done!
I finally got my camera lens fixed! Whoo Hoo! That poor lens sat in a box, all taped and ready to go for at least a month. No kidding, that is how long it took me to get the post office! So I can take pictures again!! I am working on my picture quality…. you should see improvement!
Okay, so on to today’s recipe! HUMMUS!! I love hummus! My kids love hummus! Do you see how expensive hummus is? HOLY COW! I am going to share a really quick and really inexpensive recipe, you can just make it at home and save lots of money! Bonus… hummus is healthy too!! Try it out and see what you think. You can add all kinds of things, roasted garlic, roasted peppers, different herbs. Have fun!
- 1½ cans of drained grabanzo beans(also known as chick peas)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- 5 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup of water
- ⅓ cup tahini ( sesame paste)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place garbanzo beans, kosher salt and garlic in food processor.
- Process 15-20 seconds.
- Scrape down bowl and process again 15-20 seconds.
- Add lemon juice and water, process 15-20 seconds
- Scrape down bowl
- Add Tahini and process 15-20 seconds
- Scrape down bowl
- With food processor running, very slowly add olive oil in a slow drizzle.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or chips. Keep refrigerated!
I am trying something new with the recipe being printable! Let me know what you think of it! Do you prefer the old way with lots of pictures and the step by step recipes? Or the one picture with the printable recipe? I would love your feedback! Have a super day!!
-our drive to church, so beautiful ……. So many trees along the way and one area is like a tunnel of trees, I love it
-We went to a missionary farewell! So excited for Blair and this new adventure ahead of him!
-Found the beads for this baby’s pacifier clip!
-26 weeks today!
-I wore my contacts yesterday! First time since my eye was scratched!