Happy, Happy Monday! Another week ahead! Lots of busy plans coming up! We only have three weeks until school starts, I feel like I am in crunch mode! This weekend I got all the kids school clothes organized and ready! Our school is switching to uniforms, this is new this year. At first I was not very excited about it, however, I have gotten more excited as time as gone on. All the kids clothes are in one spot, the boys closet. They are all organized by child and they each have enough for 7 days of school without any repeats. I am hoping this will actually make life easier with outfits for the week.
I will share a post on this next week! Even Lucy’s bows are organized! I am really excited for this! So keep checking back!
On to todays great post!
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE!! Now this is not the real chocolate mousse that is whipped egg whites and tempered chocolate, that is delicious stuff, but not always easy to make for a simple dessert, or a quick baby/wedding shower treat!
This is Mikey’s favorite dessert!
I am going to show you two quick ways, One is a little more time consuming than the other and in my opinion tastes better! The other one is still delicious and even easier!
To start both, make the pudding, I use two boxes and three cups of milk. Just mix them well and let it sit up in the fridge.
While the pudding it is setting up, with the wire whisk attachment whip up three cups of heavy cream until it starts to look a little more creamy, then add 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tsp vanilla. Mix until stiff peaks appear! It should only be about 2 min…. Helpful Hint! Throw a dish towel over the mixer to keep the cream from flying everywhere! Trust me, it will go everywhere!
Take a pretty glass, my favorites are martini glasses from the dollar store!!! Love them for all kinds of things except drinking! Haha! Spoon a little bit into a glass, add a dallop of whipped cream , shave some chocolate on it! Make it pretty! You always eat with your eyes first… remember that always! You can make it even prettier by adding a small piece of fruit, strawberries, raspberries or even a little orange slice.
- 2 boxes of instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups of cold milk
- fancy way:
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups of whipped topping
- Extra whip cream and a little bit of grated chocolate and some kind of berry!
- Add the milk and chocolate pudding, let set in fridge while you prepare the whipped topping.
- Whipped Cream
- With wire whisk attachment. Throw a dish towel over the top to keep the cream from flying everywhere! While mixing add ½ cup sugar and 2 tsp vanilla. Whip until stiff peaks appear! Check for stiff peaks by dipping whisk into cream hold it hanging down for 10 seconds then turn it sideways and hold for ten seconds, If the cream does not droop or drip... that's stiff!
- Fold the cream Reserve ½ cup (either the real or the easy kind) into the chocolate pudding mix. Fold until completely mixed. Put in a pretty glass and add a dallop of cream along with some chocolate shavings and a little bit of fruit! Rasberries, strawberries or even a little piece of orange is great!
I hope you guys get to try it! WE love it! Trust me it is super easy!
Have a super happy, wonderful day!
Linger longer at church (this is basically a large pot luck after church!)
Mikey gave a talk at church and he did superb!
We played “worst case scenario” board game, Tucker and Lucy won! They beat everyone!
A super wonderful thunderstorm last night!! LOVED IT!