Happy, happy Thursday! I hope you are having a great day! If not, I am sorry! I hope it gets better!! Things are great here! Everyday can be great right?
Supposed to be super hot today with lots of rain, I am looking forward to the rain! I LOVE thunderstorms, love them. Other than that, fun day ahead with the kids I hope, I think we are making play dough for this afternoon. Play dough is always fun, I use this recipe here if you want to make some! GLITTER PLAY DOUGH! Easy and lots of fun! So that is my day!
I wanted to share this great salad! I actually got this recipe from Mikes brothers old girlfriend. She is no longer dating him but her salad lives on!
It is super delicious and so refreshing! Try it out!
There are a few steps to this, nothing hard or too time consuming… but it looks like a lot of steps. I promise it really is not.
I want to show you how to make won ton crispy things, they are the highlight of the salad to Mike! You start off with just egg roll wrappers, take a few out and just cut them into strips. You could use won ton wrappers also, but I prefer the egg roll wrappers so I can use them for other things too.
Here is the completed salad!! Doesn’t that look refreshing?? Seriously it is so good! I will share the recipe below! Also for the chicken…. Here is the link on the easiest and fastest way to shred chicken….HOW TO SHRED CHICKEN! Excuse the poor pictures! Haha! The beginning of the blog!
Here is the recipe!
- 1 head of lettuce, cut up for tossing
- 1 bunch of chopped green onions.
- 1 thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 lb of red grapes
- 1 cup of frozen green peas, no need to thaw, just run water over them and drain.
- Won ton or Egg roll wrappers
- 3 Chicken Breasts, boiled and shredded, add a tbsp. of pepper and toss to coat.
- ¾ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup vinegar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp salt
- Combine salad; lettuce, peas, cucumbers,grapes and green onions.
- Toss with the peppered chicken.
- Fry and prepare "crunchies"( egg roll wrappers or wontons)
- Prepare salad dressing:
- Combine all salad dressing ingredients and shake each time you use it, I use an old salad dressing or ketchup bottle.
- Top with crunchies! ENJOY!!
I hope you get to try this! I think you will love it! If you do, take a picture and share it! I would love to see! #myfabulouschaos #wontonsalad
See you tomorrow! Fabulous five! Yay!!
Passed my sugar test for the baby! Low blood count but that can be fixed!
“Greasy rice” with dinner, it’s not really grease but it is made with the drippings from a pork roast……. so good!
Lucy, Charli and Heston were broadway dancing with so you think you can dance….loved it!
Marsha will say I love you! with just a little prompt!
Mike is cute!