Happy, happy Friday! The first fabulous five Friday of the new year! YAY!! This week was wonderful, so many fabulous things! The kids were home the whole week, we played hard and we cleaned hard! It was awesome! I have been making lots of lists and goals for this next year, plans for myself, plans for the family and plans for the blog! I will be even posting some videos soon to my you tube channel! Yes! A you tube channel! In the next month, I will start posting some videos that share recipes and cooking tips! You can cook right along with me! This is the last weekend before school starts back up and to be honest, I am a little sad. I know some people say they can not wait for summer to be over or break to be over so the kids are back in school. I don’t feel that way at all. I love their sleepy little faces tumbling out of bed, lazily eating breakfast, talking more than chewing. I love them making plans about what movie to watch that night or planning night games. This is not to say they don’t argue. THEY DO! But, it is that there is much more love than discontent. AND I love every moment of it. I think everyday that this will pass much too quickly so I better enjoy today. I think home life is happier when we just enjoy where we are at. So, I plan on enjoying these next few days, playing some games, making more donuts, and cleaning a bit more! Life is wonderful and I am grateful. Now, what have you been waiting for?? YES! here are this weeks fabulous five! Thank you so much again for checking in on the blog, I seriously get so happy every time I see someone has checked, yes I am a nerd I check that info! So thank you! AND DON”T FORGET I AM ON INSTAGRAM! Just search myfabulouschaos and follow me! That shows more day to day life here!~
1. A wonderful husband who is willing to go outside in zero degree weather and play night games, ( capture the flag, no bears out tonight etc) and amazing children who love to play together so much they deal with freezing temps!
2. Oh my word! These are seriously the most delicious things I have eaten in awhile! I made the mistake of putting them in a bowl on the counter! SOOO hard to not grab one or five every time I walk by the bowl! It passes as healthy because it is bittersweet chocolate though…right??? Never mind just TRY THEM!
3. IT SNOWED!! A lot! For like three days in a row it snowed pretty much nonstop. We got like ten and a half inches!! I loved it ! Felt like I was in a snow globe, I really could just sit in front of the window and stare all day….. it is also always very calming……… try that sometime when are getting stressed. Watch some snow, in a snow globe, outside, on the computer. It is lovely!
4. We organized the food storage pantry!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!! SO, so , so happy!! I am going to share the full story later with pictures but for now, here is the pasta wall! YES!! Organization is AWESOME!!
5. My sister in law Dana! She is seriously so very kind. The picture is little Marsha snoozing with the BEAUTIFUL blanket that Dana crocheted. Little back story, my grandma loved to make blankets, and every time you had a baby she would make you one. Well, she died after Emma was born and when we had Mikey I was a little sad he did not have a blanket to cuddle up with…one that someone who loved him very much had made for him. It made me miss her even more. One day I got a package from Dana and in it was a beautiful blanket. I felt instant love from her and from my grandma. It was like they both were saying “Don’t be sad, we love you!” She has sweetly made one for each of our children since. Every time I wrap them up in one, or wash them or even see them…. I think of Dana and how much love she put into each stitch for that child. I will treasure them. I just got Marshas and I love it so much. I love her so much!
I hope you enjoyed this weeks FABULOUS FRIDAY! Seriously go buy some of those chocolates! Check in tomorrow! I will be posting almost every Saturday now! Still not on Sundays, but Saturdays there will be a post!
My friend Helen telling her son,” if you can’t share, Aunt Lara will share for you!” I loved it! Great line and I will be using that! “if you can’t share, I will share for you!’
Hot apple crisp and vanilla ice cream! YUUUUMMMMYYYY!
Charli dancing with her stuffed kitty, in my room just her. I stood in the door way and watched until she saw me. Made my heart happy
Warm socks on a freezing day!
Mike and I cleaning bathrooms together… love that guy! Love the surprise kisses while cleaning!